Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Gunzingers (Mark, Beth, Kami, Kim and Brent)….

 

Remember how i said in an earlier blog that we all try to describe the show after we've seen it for the first time and there's just not enough superlatives to say what we feel ? Well imagine coming up with all those and more and your not even close to describing the above family and how much love i have for them all!

I cant believe its been nearly 10 years since we met for the first time and even more years than that since Mark and i started e mailing and chatting! Mark, Beth and Kim flew over to Dublin for the shows in 2002 and we had such a good time together, we all hit it off from the word go. Mark and Beth have always been the perfect hosts, offering me a place to stay and even offering me a car to drive while I'm staying there! I usually stay at Mark and Beth's whenever I'm in the area and I've stayed there at least 4 or 5 times over the last few years.

The first time i got to actually meet Kami was in New York in 2006 when Sony flew me over to help organise the Ca Ira press show they did for Roger, up until  then Kami and I chatted on AOL chat and e mail. We get on great and both Kim and Kami are like sisters to me. I've met Kim’s friends and Kami’s friends, Mark and Beth's friends and even Mark and Beth's parents!!

I just wanted to say how great it is to have you all as friends and how much you all mean to me, your like my surrogate family and its such a shame i am unable to stay out there for Christmas and had to fly back, i couldn't think of any other place i would have rather spent Christmas this year. I’ll definitely be taking you up on the offer of thanksgiving next year and cant wait to see you all in Milan in 2011!!

Thanks again Beth, Mark, Kami, Kim and Brent. Have a fantastic Christmas and the happiest of New Years.

DSCF3381 (Large)  DSCF2307 (Large)

8 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Really looking forward to meeting up with them (and a lot of others including you, Si) next year in Europe.

    Remember: This ain't Goodbye, It's Au Revoir!!!

    Your old friend Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull words..Describes perfectly the beautifull relationship you have that beautifull familly...
    Love and hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they the best!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what fantastic words, how does one respond? Everyone in the Gunzinger family feels the same way about you. We share a really special community--Ron, Marsha, John, Jill, Joe(s), Eric, Mike(s), Gail, Marcia, Gina, etc.--that we hope keeps in touch with each other over the years, even as the tours inevitably stop. We know that we will keep in touch with you. Thanksgiving it is! How about Buffett too? Safe journeys friend, until Milan! The Gunzingers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so happy to meet Kami, I know she and her family are your family too, and it's great you were able to spend so much time with them this year.

    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to spend some time with the Gunzinger's in Chicago - special thanks to Mark and Beth for your kindness. xo

    It was very cool that Kami was able to be Si's traveling buddy, even though I'm sure there were "annoying sibling" moments. :)

    Happy holidays to all of you.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - Aww, thanks Si - thanks everyone - you're making us cry! We just like Simon and like being nice! I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you're all making me gush! We have fun whenever we're with our Floyd/Roger friends. Can't wait until Milan when we can see many of you again. Wish we could be at some of the other shows like London and Berlin, but alas we can't use all our vacation time for Roger. We have other family commitments next year. Until then...

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete